Catholic Coaching Baseball Essentials - PDF
This course is a self-paced online course designed to be taken by individual coaches.
Catholic Coaching Baseball Essentials focuses on how coaches teach the offensive and defensive skills and tactics of baseball. Catholic Coaching Essentials is a pre-requisite to this course.
You must be logged in to add this product to your cart.
You have selected the CYO Athletic Ministry of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. View this organization's certification requirements.
You may change your organization below.
If you're looking to take this online course to satisfy an educational requirement for a particular organization and your organization does not appear in the drop down menu, it means that your organization has not adopted online courses as meeting its educational requirements, and you should not purchase the online version of the course. To view your organization's requirements and a list of Human Kinetics Coach Education courses that meet those requirements, visit Partner Organization Requirements.
If you're wanting to take this online course to further your education and professional development, rather than to satisfy an educational requirement, select "Human Kinetics Coach Education" from the drop down menu.
Read How Online Courses Work.
Catholic Coaching Baseball Essentials focuses on how coaches teach the offensive and defensive skills and tactics of baseball.
Course units include:
1. Tactics and skill instruction, including teaching methods, correcting errors, and shaping skills;
2. Offensive tactics, including stealing, hitting, and baserunning strategies;
3. Defensive tactics, including positioning and backups, relays and cutoffs, force plays, tag plays, double plays, and rundowns;
4. Offensive skills, including hitting, bunting, and baserunning; and
5. Defensive skills, including throwing, pitching, catching pitched balls, catching thrown balls, fielding ground balls, and catching fly balls.
Before you purchase your online course: If you're taking this course to be certified with a specific organization, you need to purchase that organization's version of the course to receive credit. Failure to purchase the correct version will jeopardize your certification status. Prior to purchasing an online course, please double-check your organization's requirements to ensure online courses are accepted for credit by your organization.
Audience: Volunteer Coaches