You seem to have a clear understanding of why your responsibilities are important. When you meet your coaching responsibilities, you help the kids you coach develop their sport skills, win competitions, and enjoy their participation experience.
As you continue through this course—and in your coaching—remember your main responsibilities as a coach:
- Provide a safe physical environment
- Communicate in a positive way
- Teach the fundamental skills of the sport
- Teach the rules of the sport
- Direct your athletes in competition
- Help your athletes become fit and value fitness for a lifetime
- Help young people develop character
When you meet these responsibilities, you go a long way toward making the sport experience a successful one for yourself and your athletes.
Although carrying out your coaching responsibilities is important, you must also consider your coaching objectives. Let’s continue with the three main objectives that all coaches must balance.