In this course, you'll learn how to:
- meet your coaching responsibilities, including examining your priorities
as a coach;
- communicate effectively with players, parents, and officials;
- provide for safety and respond to injuries;
- develop a training program for players to promote lifelong fitness;
- understand the basic rules of tennis;
- create plans for your season and for individual practices;
- prepare for and coach on game day;
- detect and correct errors in all basic strokes;
- teach four specific singles tactics and four specific doubles tactics;
- teach the games approach method of instruction.
Coaching Youth Tennis online course is endorsed by the United States Tennis
Association (USTA) and offered to USTA Team Tennis coaches as a supplement
to their on-court workshops.
Read about computer and Internet browser technical requirements for this course.